Monday, April 09, 2007

Two Dreams

I rarely remember my dreams, but I had a couple recently that stuck with me. I thought I’d share what I can remember from them here.

My son, the lawyer

In this dream, my son Iggy is working as a lawyer for a nonprofit agency. No, he’s not grown up – he’s still a baby. He’s with a woman I’ve never seen before, and my wife expresses her concern: “I don’t think that woman likes babies, I’m afraid she might try to kill our son.” Alarmed, I respond “Well, why in the world are you leaving her alone with him?” “I have to!” she answers, “He’s her lawyer!” At this point, I hear the woman conversing with our son, who is speaking in an adult voice. She asks him how old he is, and he answers “I’m 25 days old.” She proceeds to tuck him into his crib, and the whole time she does this Iggy is giving her legal advice. I don’t remember anything beyond that point.

The Job Review

I am on the roof of a high-rise building with my boss, looking out over the edge. We’ve just completed my job performance review, and I’m handed a piece of paper which I sign. Sliding the paper back along the ledge, a breeze catches it and I lose my grip. I grasp at the piece of paper, but it’s out of my reach. To my shock, my boss jumps for the paper and tumbles over the edge – I watch him fall, and crash to the sidewalk below. I don’t remember anything beyond that. Oh, and my boss isn’t my current boss, or anyone I’ve ever worked with before – it’s Pete Shelley from The Buzzcocks.

10 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These dreams clearly confirm what I have suspected all along: you are completely mental. The only known cure is to spend 3 days in an isolation chamber listening to nothing but White Lion and eating blenderized treacle pudding though a straw. Godspeed.
MG

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

blenderized treacle pudding....

Dr. Gleave is right! That stuff rocks!

I've actually had Pete Shelley on my mind lately. the kids at my school are always asking me what kind of music I like. I send them to the Buzzcocks & Mr. Shelley.

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean Iggy isn't talking yet? Oh my god, now he'll never get into that private, bilingual Montessori advanced preschool that you've been dreaming about!

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not right in the head.
A lawyer: now that is frightening.

I would normally say you need to be careful to get more sleep since Iggy's arrival, but that is obviously part of the problem, not the cure.

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS- Sweet new soccer stadium! Sparky.

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps it is that these dreams are premonitions. to prevent them from maifesting themselves, you must destroy a dream close to your heart. perhaps your ambition to form the Klezmer Kickers dance troupe.

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mind-BOGGLING!

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This shit is Bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S

From City Steaks

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Scott said...

i guess noise does annoy.

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, hunny. Ya need to start writing in your blog again! We know you're busy chasing after a rug rat, but I'm sure you also have plenty of time to play guitar, drink beer, AND write 4-5 sentences on your blog every now and again! We miss your perfect prose and wry wit. So, if anyone else misses this blog, please bug the deviled hampster to start writing again!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!