Friday, June 23, 2006

Original, or Extra Crispy?


This is the KFC at the corner of 38th and Federal, about a 5 minute drive from where we live. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, and as long as we've lived here the sign at this restaurant has read "Let Us Cook 4U." On the drive into work a little over a week ago, I was stopped at the light and happened to look up at this never changing sign. When it finally sunk in what the sign now said, I couldn't stop laughing. I'm just curious as to whether the "4" fell off, or if someone knocked it down for a prank. Either way, it's pretty damn funny.

I decided to drive over and take a picture that evening, before they changed or fixed the sign. My reasoning was that if I didn't get a picture immediately, they'd fix the sign and nobody would ever believe me if I told them about it. Needless to say, because I did get a picture, the KFC sign still features this rather gruesome request. It'll probably stay that way for another 3 years. And it'll probably make me laugh every time I drive by it.

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, that's hilarious. We saw one the other day as we drove through a construction zone. It said "My mommy works here, please drive carefully, Love Bobby." Someone had turned the 2nd "b"into an "o" Ha ha.
Naomi.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Deviled Hampton said...

that stupid "booby," always telling me how to drive...

they fixed the sign at the KFC last week, but it was up for a good long while. i wonder if someone from the corporate office dropped by?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!