Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Warning: Purchase of this t-shirt might lead people to believe that you have a clue

I just had a customer, a female in her early 20's, who was wearing a
t-shirt with Deborah Harry pictured on the front. I said to her "that's a cool Debbie Harry shirt." She somewhat rudely responded "I have no idea who you're talking about, but that's a picture of Blondie on my shirt." I laughed and said "yeah, she's the singer for Blondie." She muttered something to her friend along the lines of "huh? that guy is confusing me" before wandering away.

Hmmmm...this may be a wild guess, but I'll bet she shops at Hot Topic.

4 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, don't make too much fun of clueless gals that don't know as much about music as you do! If I recall, I too thought Debbie Harry's name was "Blondie" until I was in high school and started subscribing to Rolling Stone.
xoxoxox
Your Wife (aka the li'l woman)

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what's wrong with Hot Topic? I buy all my clothes and accessories from the Bellevue Square location, that place is da bomb, totally punk rock, and like so inexpensive!
Signed,
Offended from Kettering

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Deviled Hampton said...

dear lw,
did you also think that "lynyrd skynyrd" and "molly hatchet" were the names of the singers in those bands? just curious.
sleeping on the couch tonight,
dh

dear offended,
i think you must've misread my comment - "I'll bet she shops at Hot Topic" was meant as a compliment. i often find myself browsing their extensive vinyl section when i'm hanging out at the mall. and they're the BEST place to pay over $60 for a pair of converse hi-tops.
thx for reading,
dh

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly who??? And as far as Lynyrd Skynyrd goes, I DIDN'T think about them in HS, so there. How was the couch? And for anyone who's reading, I never make H sleep on the couch, no matter how naughty he's been. He just falls asleep there watching bizarre movies at 3am. Then I have to come downstairs, wake him up, and get him into a proper bed so he can get his beauty sleep.
Sincerely,
the li'l woman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!